You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
John Wick Admin Application
12-29-2018, 07:23 PM
John Wick Admin Application
Contact Information

Name: Zach
Steam Username: BlueTarget

Game Information

Current Games: COD4, CS:GO, BlackOps4
Game Aliases: John Wick, BlueTarget
Current Servers: zA Domination
GameTracker Links: John Wick
Steam ID: 76561198050553963
Who Invited You: SAINT_RICO

Personal Information

Why do you want to join Zer0 Alpha?: I'm throwing my hat into the ring because I love playing within the zA community, and feel like I would be a great addition to the administrator team.
What can you contribute by joining Zero Alpha?: I've been playing COD4 since the beginning (First on Xbox360 when it came out, and a few years later on PC); and I'm still super passionate about the game. I feel like my in-game experience and knowledge aids me in spotting cheaters/hackers, and I have a vast knowledge of the Discord platform and feel I can help organize and clean up the Discord server.
Have you ever been a part of a clan before?: Yes! I ran a very small COD4 clan back in the day called REPn, but I'm still in contact with a few of the members.
Additional Info: I genuinely want to help out the server in any way I can! I'm always available on Discord if you have any questions, or if you need anything else from me. Thanks! Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2018, 05:35 AM
RE: John Wick Admin Application
I don't see any demos posted by this player on za, Rico.
So I'm sorry, it's a NO from me, for now

removing hackers one by one
[Image: zatrashremover.gif]
---- from the zero alpha pond ----
12-30-2018, 08:45 AM
To be fair,...no. They,(not just John Wick) have been posting their demos to the Discord Reports channel. I HAVE tried to ask them to post them to the forums as well; since it is a better, more permanent archive. For the most part, the advise has been all but ignored. Almost to the point where( in all honesty ), I have wanted to spitefully not view demos that have not ALSO been placed onto the forums. BUT, *sighs*....still check out the posts on the Reports channel. Since people can not seem to follow proper instructions; I just try and do the best I can( as an Admin ), with the resources afforded me. I roam the land, doing good.....where I can. That's RICO, baby. No sorries needed, Mike. I respect your ability to be direct in your responses. =D
Find all posts by this user
12-30-2018, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I can start recording demos and post them on the website, but the be honest I find the process to be a little clunky and slow. Additionally, I personally think the Discord server could be a permanent spot for demos, and you could log all reports/bans there if it was cleaned up and organized.

The way demos are currently recorded and viewed is very old school tbh. Having to record using the in-game demo recorder instead of just quickly recording the evidence with Shadowplay/OBS/Xsplit seems a bit odd to me (plus to view the demos you have to do all this extra stuff - when you could just watch the full recording/clip in mp4 video format right in Discord, or through the website I suppose).
12-30-2018, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2018 06:44 PM by 24MikeEcho.)
Hi Zach, Yea, I can only go by demo's I see on the website, because that is where they are suppose to be reported. The reason for the demo's on the website is because it is a permanent record that is easily referenced in case of disputes. (Some of us also have issues with discord, like myself, as it is in constant argument with my design software He)

If you think there is a better way, then I suggest you post a thread for that, as that is way above my pay grade. Lol

PS: You do not have to use the in game recorder, you can post demo's using any other standard viewable format, such as mp4. The actual TEXT report has to be posted on the website, and then you can just include a link to the actual viewable demo.

12-30-2018, 08:38 PM
Gotcha! Thanks for all the info. If you are running into any specific issues on Discord btw, just let me know. I can help ya out!
12-30-2018, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-30-2018 08:51 PM by 24MikeEcho.)
Thanks for the offer on the Discord. The issue is with a custom designed piece of software, so I have to ensure that that software is not running before going in to discord.

A pain in the ass, but it is memory allocation orientated issue. Standard olap software you know, the kind I developed in my younger days (back in the 80's) Lol