You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
cshotgspot
11-23-2018, 12:30 AM
cshotgspot
Name: cshotgspot
Date/Time: 11/23/2018 2:15am EST
Server: DOM
Reason: aimbot
Demo attached please review, very fishy imo

Attached File(s)
.dm_1  cshotgspot2.dm_1 (Size: 3.06 MB / Downloads: 2)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2018, 04:49 PM
RE: cshotgspot
WELL DONE Cpt, this is a hard one to spot.
Its the "soft" version of the aimbot that minimizes the normal jerk action of the full aimbot. He playes it well, but GREAT eye for spotting it!Thumb-up

He has been shown the error of his ways

PB'd thanks

removing hackers one by one
[Image: zatrashremover.gif]
---- from the zero alpha pond ----
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2018, 01:36 PM
Hi. I recently signed up for your site so I could tell my side of the story. I like this server but I don't like being banned for "aimbotting" when I the only thing I've changed from cod4 is getting the version fix to play on most servers.

I followed the steps here (https://www.overclock.net/forum/78-pc-ga...emos.html) to view the demo and I can kind of see why you might think I was using an aimbot or something along those lines. I've also been accused by other people on the server of having snappy aim, so I'll also reply to that.

First, I was spraying into a lot of the walls because of two reasons: one, there's UAV, which doesn't seem to show for me on the demo, that displays a red dot in an obvious spot, such as behind the barrel in the container on the B flag. Secondly, the flag "blinks" when someone is on the flag without UAV Jammer, so I can tell someone is in the general area and shoot where they likely are located. Most people sit on flags to capture them and don't move from their last radar position. Sometimes the red dots on the minimap are dead enemies and I just end up shooting at random containers where the spawnpoints are located.

Before people talk about reporting in the demo (I think this is the incident that you're referring to), the C flag is being captured. I see the flag blinking and throw a grenade in that general direction, but don't get any kills, which tells me nobody is directly on the C flag and must be either behind the car or behind the barrels because the flag is still blinking (the grenade radius would have at least hit an enemy directly on the flag). About 10-20 seconds later, UAV shows or someone ended up firing from behind the barrels near the car where the C flag is, indicating a red dot on the other side of the container that hadn't moved recently. Knowing that someone was just there, I can shoot through the container, behind where the barrels would be, and see if they're still there. I immediately get a kill by shooting through the metal.

Someone also said that I shot them through the smoke in that game if I remember correctly. When I watch the demo, I can see the smoke but there's an outline of the enemy still through it. I'm not familiar enough with Cod4 to know if that's a graphics setting difference or not, but for me, noticing an enemy through smoke means you fire at them because this server doesn't have friendly-fire and there's nothing to risk. It might also be a framerate issue of an enemy appearing for a single frame because I play at 144hz and the demo/spectator mode is probably based on a tickrate lower than that.

If there's anything else you want me to explain, let me know.

Lastly, I had people previously say my aim is snappy in other sessions. There's three reasons for this: 1) I have a small mousepad and grew up playing with a lot of mouse acceleration, so my aim jumps from place to place; 2) I've played about 3000hrs of tank-control shooters. When you can't aim and shoot at the same time, you essentially need to snap the mouse as fast as possible to where you want to aim because you start from a static position. In cod games or other first person shooters, because you're not forced to stop aiming to do an action, you can slowly drag the mouse over time to get to where you want to aim. Here's some footage - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvKduXGiobE - uploaded to a throwaway account as an example; and 3) my mouse jerks because whenever I pick it up and set it down when I run out of mousepad room, that slight movement causes the mouse to essentially hiccup if I didn't set it straight down.

Whether or not you unban me is ultimately up to you, but I at least want to give my side of the story. You're also welcome to add me on Steam and view my playtime for other shooters with VAC. That's all.
11-26-2018, 05:01 PM
Hi cshotgspot, I take note of your explanation, but it does look a LOT like Aimbot.

I will ask one of the higher admins to make the final call on the ban staying or being lifted. I will accept whichever direction they decide.

11-26-2018, 05:38 PM
If you want me to record my gameplay while I play on the server, I can do that as evidence. This is one of the few populated domination servers available in NA, so I'd like to continue playing.
11-27-2018, 03:37 AM
Ok, I have unbanned you for the time being, pending a decision by the senior admins.

So you free to continue playing until a decision is made either way.

12-03-2018, 01:42 PM
Sad RE: cshotgspot
1) I wasn't unbanned, nor has there been any update to say that the ban is reinforced. Either that or the unban period lasted less than a few hours.

2) https://youtu.be/1LCKaAnAEaU?t=609 It's not an aimbot, tracking, or whatever else. At this point, I doubt it'll change your mind, but it's more evidence.
12-03-2018, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2018 02:58 PM by 24MikeEcho.)
I do not understand why that would be, because according to the system you are not currently banned

The GUID that you used ends in "...f0af" and is also the one that is not currently banned.

Please check again, and let me know.

PS: I watched your video, and I must admit that you play really well (putting the somewhat jerking snaps aside), and your UAV play is EXCELLENT. I do have serious doubt about you hacking now, but I will wait for senior admin to make final call.

12-03-2018, 03:16 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2018 03:57 PM by cshotgspot.)
Thanks for at least watching the video to draw your conclusions.

Here's a video of me trying to connect to the server:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7kWQcuWhJE&

edit: I'm able to join the TDM server I think. The domination one doesn't work from the serverbrowser either. I don't think it's the game because I can join other non-CRKD servers.
12-03-2018, 05:13 PM
can you try and join DOM again