You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dj1 perm banned
10-07-2018, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 09:53 AM by dj1.)
dj1 perm banned
Name (when banned): dj1

Other Aliases:

Punkbuster GUID (8 or 32 characters): 17bb5a1a

Date & Time: ~10/5

Server: za dom

Admin who Banned you: slaffy

Why you were banned: bouncing i guess? dunno

Why you think this ban should be lifted:

Honestly thought some admin deemed my previous ban, which i thought was permanent, for doing a bounce as not against the rules (which i have also been told by za people that bouncing isnt against the rules), and unbanned me (visible by my responses in discord)

this is why i continued to do the same bounce when I could play on the server again (thought i was perm banned and it got cleared by an admin, not that i was just temp banned and the time had passed), and i thought sgt staffy was just trolling me since hes banned me 10x previously and dislikes me

anyways i got banned for this bounce, https://streamable.com/nkopk (and then subsequently showed 3 different ways to get to this spot on the map through traditional means showing that its not an actual glitch)

being perm banned for this (which once again i have seen admins say bouncing isnt even against the rules) is pretty clearly excessive, but of course I know that no admins enjoy that I play on this server so they are probably biased (sgt staffy especially)

anyways guess im asking to be unbanned for the reasons that I have laid out, cheers
Find all posts by this user
10-07-2018, 08:57 AM
RE: dj1 perm banned
Please use this format for your ban appeal. Otherwise your thread will be closed and you will be warned.

Name (when banned):

Other Aliases:

Punkbuster GUID (8 or 32 characters):

Date & Time:

Server:

Admin who Banned you:

Why you were banned:

Why you think this ban should be lifted:

You will never be unbanned if:
You are disrespectful in your post.
You did not properly fill out appeal.
You do not own the GUID in the appeal.
Your GUID has a public ban on record.

[Image: 76561197969340271.png]
10-07-2018, 12:21 PM
My take: 1. I don't hold grudges DJ, your not my favorite, but I also don't go out of my way to target people. 2. You were banned 2 days prior to your perm ban for the SAME EXACT THING. which was approved by a senior admin. 3. You were given a chance to come back by it only being a 1 day ban. Nobody "Unbanned you" it just simply expired. 4. Of note those are FPS jumps shown with 333 FPS. 5. This message is to all admins. but please check to see who ACTUALLY banned him...
10-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Correct. he was given a tempban; and warned not to do it again. He was caught on demo for doing SAME exact thing after his tempban expired. dj1 is not my fav either...and blatantly doing the very thing you were both TBed and warned not to do again.....is a clear signal of disregard for the rules and the Server itself. His ban should stand imo.
10-07-2018, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 04:17 PM by ChicagoMike.)
To be honest, in my personal opinion, I don't think this should be a bannable offense. He can be clearly seen from many angles and doesn't require the bounce to get to that canopy. If he were to jump outside the map, it would be different. It's honestly no different than running across the rooftops or climbing the rock wall to access the rooftop rubble on Ambush.

This video shows that there are FAR worse bounces that can be done.

[Image: 76561197969340271.png]
10-07-2018, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 07:19 PM by dj1.)
like i said, i was under the assumption that my first ban was originally a perm ban and that it was overturned by a higher up admin, not that it was a temp ban and just ran its course (no admins in discord ever corrected/answered me in regards to whether the ban was permanent or not, and shpank said something along the lines of, "you will not be unbanned", making me believe it was perm), so I assumed what i was doing was fine (and thus why i was unbanned)

I was also never told to not do it again (was never even given a reason for the original ban), and still no admin has ever explicitly said or told me that bounces are bannable offenses
(10-07-2018 04:09 PM)ChicagoMike Wrote:  To be honest, in my personal opinion, I don't think this should be a bannable offense. He can be clearly seen from many angles and doesn't require the bounce to get to that canopy. If he were to jump outside the map, it would be different. It's honestly no different than running across the rooftops or climbing the rock wall to access the rooftop rubble on Ambush.

this was the same line of reasoning that i originally posted in discord, don't see how it is any different than the ambush buildings
10-07-2018, 07:41 PM
DJ1 you knew exactly what you were doing was wrong, otherwise you wouldn't be banned. I gave you reasoning in game, and you STILL DID IT, even after verbal warnings. 333 FPS is not allowed as per senior admins back when i first started on the server. Literally the whole server saw me tell you not to do it again.. As mentioned before, you CANNOT get to those spots without 333 FPS.
It is a lot different because me (100 FPS) can climb up the rock wall...
10-07-2018, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-2018 08:02 PM by dj1.)
i know for a fact you can do all of those jumps that i showed with 250fps on backlot, also if 333fps isnt allowed (ive shown videos to admins before while having 333fps and no one has ever told me its not allowed, and this rule is not publicly published anywhere), why doesnt the server have a blocker that doesnt allow you to connect with 333fps like promod servers do?

ive been banned numerous times on this server by admins abusing their powers which were then overturned hours later, which is what i deemed to be the case here. Can you give me an answer as to whether bouncing is allowed or not? this rule is not publicly available anywhere and no admin has ever told me it isnt allowed

like i said you have harassed me for 10 minutes before accusing me of using binds, even warn banning me out of the server, and i was of course not using a bind, so i figured you were just pointlessly giving me a hard time here again for no reason.

and like ive said 10 times which you keep ignoring is that i thought i was perm banned -> unbanned and figured what i was originally banned for was fine
10-07-2018, 08:08 PM
This guys arrogance is unbelievable. Continues to play the “I didn’t know card” for everything. U were told u can’t bounce to that area and yet since u felt differently you would just continue to do so. Just like the reload macro you still use from time to time. It’s time for your BS here to stop. The whole community of players are sick of it. I banned you and I don’t plan on unbanning you.

[Image: 4870753.png]
10-08-2018, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2018 06:25 AM by dj1.)
once again you have 0 proof of a reload macro, you can literally watch an entire demo of me playing and see that I mess it up time to time, but of course that doesnt fit the narrative of your crusade against me

but like you said "the whole community of players are sick of it", your bias is extremely obvious and you are just looking to ban me for any reason because im annoying to play against since i get alot of kills

why are all of the admins dodging my questions? where is it said bouncing is not allowed, where in the rules is this publicly shown? why do some admins seem to believe bounces are fine, while others think they are not?

No one, i repeat no one, ever told me i could not bounce to that area in a formal manner (i was never given a reason for the first ban, and people on discord even told me it was indeed not for bouncing but for other reasons, you can easily confirm this by reading the discord chat), shhpank riko and slaffy just keep making up this statement
Thread Closed