You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Overclock FX7026
10-13-2014, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 12:24 PM by Joemomma.)
Overclock FX7026
This is an antique but it's all i got. I got 0 dollars but i need more processor for csgo.

Nvidia 9800gt 512mb
Dual Quad Q9300
4g DDR2 RAM
Cooler Master heat sink

I've got 2.5ghz. I'm shooting for at least 3. if anything goes wrong I'm done gaming.

The reason I'm doing this is because I've gotten good enough to START comping. I've been playing casual and (when sober) dominating more often than not. That's with virtually no teamwork or communication. I want to compete.

Help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Overclock FX7026
I think you may be stuck with it at 2.5... The cpu reports a 333 fsb to that board and that is the boards max fsb from what I recall of it. (been a while since I saw one of those, but I remember having the same issue)

As much as it sucks, you might want to consider a cheap board that supports it a bit better. The reality of it is that you're not likely to come across much that is a good bang for the buck for the old 775 stuff, and not in matx especially (which is what I think that case takes). It's likely that you've just hit the limiter on what that system is going to pull off without putting something into it.

You can pick up a decent system for cheap enough if you really want too... Get your hands on a 750ti or a 7950 for about $150 or so, a cheap board for an amd setup (bang for the buck is important here) for around 80 bucks with a 1090t or a newer processor for around $125 or so. Then 8gb ram for $60... You should be able to put it together for ~400 to get you something that'll tide you over for a bit.

Not much you can do though outside of getting a new board, but I haven't heard good things of the q9300 and most went with the q6600 for that reason. The 9800gt was good enough in it's time, but it's long in the tooth now, and the 4gb ddr2 is not much to get you moving either. As horrible as it sounds, you could probably stand on the corner with a cup and snatch up $500 in a few days if you're anywhere near a big population.

Gaming :: Asus Crosshair IV Formula . AMD Phenom II 1090T . 8GB DDR3 1600 . Sapphire AMD 7970 . 2x 120G OCZ Vertex LE (Raid0) . 1 50G OCZ Vertex 2
Server :: Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4 . AMD 955BE . 16GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz (ECC Unregistered) . 1 50GB OCZ Vertex 2 (Sys) . 11x 2TB Samsung F4 (Stor)

[Image: mb-chart.php?action=mbo_userbar&account_id=1113]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Lmao, thanks! I haven't really found out anything on the web, either. Unfortunately for me I live on top of a mountain, no where near any city. Thank you, again. I'll just look at the used PC stores when I'm in town and see what I can dig up. I'm super broke so the old fx will have to do for a while. At least I have good internet! Music
10-14-2014, 01:44 PM
check out reddit.com/r/hardwareswap I see a ton of good stuff at good prices on there, I've bought and sold mucho tech for cheap

[Image: FYhR3.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-14-2014, 04:29 PM
Thank you, sir!