You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Moving Computer
07-10-2013, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2013 03:48 PM by LePotato.)
Moving Computer
I'm preparing to move most of my gaming programs, including CoD 4 to another computer. Besides AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\ and my CD key, is there anything else I would need for an unchanged client.

Thanks~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: Moving Computer
I just copy the entire COD4 folder and that does me fine. Experiment by copying yours onto even a friends PC first to test. But mines fine with just that. even done it woth the steam version too, not that theres any dif

[Image: EoooDSig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Okey~ Thanks
07-10-2013, 11:40 PM
What I do is copy the profile folder for COD4 from its install directory, install it on new PC, load up a game, create a character, hop into a game get a kill. Exit past the folder and its contents over the one the game just created and bam good to go.

[Image: FYhR3.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2013, 05:38 AM
(07-10-2013 11:40 PM)1d0m1n4t3 Wrote:  What I do is copy the profile folder for COD4 from its install directory, install it on new PC, load up a game, create a character, hop into a game get a kill. Exit past the folder and its contents over the one the game just created and bam good to go.

This^^

But I grew too lazy to even do that half the time so I would just start from scratch. It's pretty fun.

Computer: The M3H (Deathstar)
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3 | Intel Core i5-3570K | Mushkin Enhanced Redline 16GB( 2x 8 GB) DDR3 1866 Mhz (Ridgebacks) | Diamond 7970 | Corsair HX850 | OCZ Vertez III (120 GB) | Corsair H100i | Corsair Obsidian 850D
07-11-2013, 06:15 PM
You just need to make sure you have your profile. You don't need all the other crap in the game's folder (although backing it up couldn't hurt)

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\Your profile name

[Image: btn_donateCC_LG.gif]

Please donate via PayPal HERE

Gaming Servers Paid up until March 24, 2020, but we need your help to keep them alive. Thanks for anything you can give.
Donations for 2019: $589.91

Steam ID: Spray-N-Pray