You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help joining NY DOMINATION
06-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Need help joining NY DOMINATION
Hi, I'm new and don't know much about gaming/server setup, so I appreciate any guidance.

I'be played on the COD4 NY DOMINATION!!! server for the past week or so to great enjoyment. However, I recently have been unable to join. NY DOMINATION no longer shows up on my list of servers. I had added it as a favorite, but when I view my favorite, the server name shows as "63.251.20.141:1024"

If I try to connect, it says "awaiting connection ..." and counts up until 10 or so, then says "Error, server connection timed out." It's been about 24 hours since I was last able to connect. FWIW, I'm in New York City and consistently had a 20-40 ping before this issue.

I hoped I haven't been banned or anything, and would greatly appreciate any guidance for getting back on. The ATHOS DOMINATION server is ok, but my ping is in the 150s.

Thanks much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: Need help joining NY DOMINATION
have you tried resetting your modem and wireless router? it sounds to me like you aren't resolving the DNS. Unplug your wireless router and modem for 1m then plug it back and and go from their. if that doesn't work let me know and we will try something else

also you can try this before going to your favorite just from the main menu hit the ~ key and type "/connect zeroalphagaming.com:1024" with out the quotes and press ENTER

[Image: FYhR3.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Many thanks for the suggestions. I've tried both, but no success.

(06-20-2013 12:09 PM)1d0m1n4t3 Wrote:  have you tried resetting your modem and wireless router? it sounds to me like you aren't resolving the DNS. Unplug your wireless router and modem for 1m then plug it back and and go from their. if that doesn't work let me know and we will try something else

also you can try this before going to your favorite just from the main menu hit the ~ key and type "/connect zeroalphagaming.com:1024" with out the quotes and press ENTER
06-20-2013, 02:34 PM
try flushign your DNS

Press 'Windows Key' and 'R' at the same time
type CMD and press enter
type ipconfig /fllushdns and press enter
close that window, try joining again

[Image: FYhR3.gif]
06-20-2013, 04:20 PM
Sounds silly and simple.... but go into your Firewall and make sure that COD is a allowed program.

[Image: EoooDSig.png]
06-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Tried flushing my DNS cache, but no success. Some other details about my setup that may be important:

1. I'm playing on a Mac OSX 10.6.

2. I play at work, so I have only limited access to a shared router and don't want to screw around with it too much (e.g. constantly rebooting it to try and get my game on).

I just scanned my entire server list, and I notice that none of the ZA servers show up anymore, not just NY DOMINATION!!!. Perhaps a setting was changed during the recent 6/18 maintenance that prevents Macs from connecting? Not sure if that makes sense, just a thought.

Thanks again for the suggestions. Hope I can get back online and playing again soon. Promise to try and not be too noob-y.
06-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Well I know that my work do keep track of all connections incoming and outgoing. If they see anything non work related its put on the block list. Maybe talk to the IT department?

[Image: EoooDSig.png]
06-22-2013, 05:44 AM
At this point I'm going to just wait and see if something resets, flushes, or anything else that will get me back on NY DOM. Hope to see you guys online soon, thanks again.
06-22-2013, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2013 10:41 AM by xJazzX.)
This happens to me. One time domination did this to me and I just deleted it from my favorites. Refreshed the server page in domination game type. And looked till I found it and then just entered it. When I went back I went to dom again and added to favorites. That's how I do it
I'm on a mac also

[Image: turntables-1.jpg]