You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Hello There, Guest!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Software advice
04-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Software advice
Ok so Im a very silly billy, but to be honest I have been lucky until now. But the fact is that I do not use any Virus or Malware programs. Infactt he only thing I do run to keep the systems ticking over is Tuneup Utilities 2012, which may I add works very well for me!

Problem now is that my main rig is now hooked up to everything in my place, it works everything from TV, Music, Kareoke, Moves, Internet, games, infact the only thing it doesnt do is make me a coffee in the morning.

Thing is some of you may know i like to party and when I get drunk I dont care what happens, things get clicked, installed and all kindsa shinanigans take place on my browser. To the point now that I have extra adverts everywhere and its VERY annoying.

Its been a while since I installed anything. I used to have a cracked version of Mcafee which was very good as it updated and everything. After 2 years though they must have got onto it and it ran out. I need something like this.

I want it to be free, dont mind if its a torrent or freeware but if its a torrent I dont want to be looking up codes every month like some of them do. I also dont want to be having warnings going off for all kinds of things... I just want it to do its job and do it well.

So what do you think guys?? I think i will need a malware and a virus thingy... but what???

[Image: EoooDSig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2013 07:07 PM by Voltaire.)
RE: Software advice
I use Avast anti virus and have not had any problems, got it on my tablet too. They boot time scan is a pretty handy feature for removing Doug in bugs and its free x)

"A witty saying proves nothing"

-Voltaire

[Image: wPwWj.gif]
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2013, 08:18 PM
(04-12-2013 07:06 PM)Voltaire Wrote:  I use Avast anti virus and have not had any problems, got it on my tablet too. They boot time scan is a pretty handy feature for removing Doug in bugs and its free x)

Avast is good and its free, combined with common sense 2013 you cant go wrong.

[Image: 60Y1JYW.gif]
04-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Yea Avast! is the way to go.
04-13-2013, 12:27 AM
the new avast is weirdish though :[ like you have to actually register it? and its a different style and ugh idk. I need somthing too, this avast is going to run out soon since it was only for a month... sigh
04-13-2013, 01:07 AM
Once it runs out in the month, it asks you if you want to pay for it or renew the free subscription.
04-13-2013, 01:47 AM
I just run Microsoft essentials. If I get anything that may slip through the crack, which hasn't this far, a fresh install of windows is just a few minutes away. Nothing is too important that I have to transfer files. All my games are installed on my secondary drive for the most part.

Computer: The M3H (Deathstar)
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3 | Intel Core i5-3570K | Mushkin Enhanced Redline 16GB( 2x 8 GB) DDR3 1866 Mhz (Ridgebacks) | Diamond 7970 | Corsair HX850 | OCZ Vertez III (120 GB) | Corsair H100i | Corsair Obsidian 850D
04-13-2013, 09:49 AM
(04-13-2013 12:27 AM)Nyanicorn Wrote:  the new avast is weirdish though :[ like you have to actually register it? and its a different style and ugh idk. I need somthing too, this avast is going to run out soon since it was only for a month... sigh

Yeah idk why they felt the need to revamp the menus once again it was perfect the way it was, doesn't stop the fact it works damn well though x)

-Voltaire

04-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Eeeeek... i did the Microsoft thing ages ago. But the fact that I do not pay for anything from Microsoft kinda messed things up. My OS went down and so did my Office stuff... not doint that again. What about a spyware or MAlware product anyone??

[Image: EoooDSig.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Avast can take Carew of that too, might want to look into AVG, also free

-Voltaire